Bible ConcordanceFashion (24 Occurrences)
Mark 2:12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion. (KJV ASV WBS)
Luke 9:29 And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering. (KJV ASV DBY WBS)
Acts 7:44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. (KJV WBS)
1 Corinthians 7:31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away. (KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT)
2 Corinthians 10:2 Yes, I beg you that I may not, when present, show courage with the confidence with which I intend to be bold against some, who consider us to be walking according to the flesh. (See RSV)
2 Corinthians 11:15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works. (ASV)
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (KJV ASV WBS YLT)
Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Root in KJV ASV WBS)
2 Thessalonians 3:12 Now those who are that way, we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread. (See NAS)
James 1:11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. (KJV ASV WBS)
Genesis 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits. (KJV WBS)
Exodus 26:30 And thou shalt rear up the tabernacle according to the fashion thereof which was showed thee in the mount. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT)
Exodus 32:4 He received what they handed him, and fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made it a molten calf; and they said, "These are your gods, Israel, which brought you up out of the land of Egypt." (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
Exodus 37:19 Three bowls made after the fashion of almonds in one branch, a knop and a flower; and three bowls made like almonds in another branch, a knop and a flower: so throughout the six branches going out of the candlestick. (KJV WBS)
1 Kings 5:18 Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders and the Gebalites did fashion them, and prepared the timber and the stones to build the house. (WEB JPS ASV)
1 Kings 6:38 In the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was the house finished throughout all its parts, and according to all its fashion. So was he seven years in building it. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
2 Kings 1:7 And he saith unto them, 'What 'is' the fashion of the man who hath come up to meet you, and speaketh unto you these words?' (YLT)
2 Kings 16:10 King Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglath Pileser king of Assyria, and saw the altar that was at Damascus; and king Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the fashion of the altar, and its pattern, according to all its workmanship. (WEB KJV JPS ASV WBS)
2 Chronicles 32:15 Now therefore don't let Hezekiah deceive you, nor persuade you after this manner, neither believe you him; for no god of any nation or kingdom was able to deliver his people out of my hand, and out of the hand of my fathers: how much less shall your God deliver you out of my hand? (See RSV)
Job 31:15 Didn't he who made me in the womb make him? Didn't one fashion us in the womb? (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV)
Psalms 144:12 When our sons shall be as plants grown up in their youth, And our daughters as corner-stones hewn after the fashion of a palace; (ASV DBY JPS NAS)
Song of Songs 8:9 If she is a wall, we build by her a palace of silver. And if she is a door, We fashion by her board-work of cedar. (YLT)
Isaiah 44:9 They that fashion a graven image are all of them vanity; and the things that they delight in shall not profit; and their own witnesses see not, nor know: that they may be put to shame. (ASV JPS NAS)
Ezekiel 43:11 If they be ashamed of all that they have done, make known to them the form of the house, and its fashion, and its exits, and its entrances, and all its forms, and all its ordinances, and all its forms, and all its laws; and write it in their sight; that they may keep the whole form of it, and all its ordinances, and do them. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS)
ThesaurusFashion (24 Occurrences)...
1. (n.) The make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of
structure; pattern, model; as, the fashion
of the ark, of a coat, of a house, of .../f/fashion.htm - 21k
Fashioned (22 Occurrences)
... Noah Webster's Dictionary 1. (imp. & pp) of Fashion. 2. (a.) Having a certain style
or fashion; as old-fashioned; new-fashioned. Multi-Version Concordance ...
/f/fashioned.htm - 13k
Redeemer (42 Occurrences)
... Paul states this deliverance as a deliverance from the law which brings sin out
into expression, but we must not conceive his idea in any artificial fashion. ...
/r/redeemer.htm - 45k
Redemption (46 Occurrences)
... Paul states this deliverance as a deliverance from the law which brings sin out
into expression, but we must not conceive his idea in any artificial fashion. ...
/r/redemption.htm - 48k
Garb (2 Occurrences)
... 3. (n.) Costume; fashion; as, the garb of a gentleman in the 16th century.
4. (n.) External appearance, as expressive of the feelings ...
/g/garb.htm - 7k
Type (12 Occurrences)
... The Greek word tupos is rendered "print" (John 20:25), "figure" (Acts 7:43; Romans
5:14), "fashion" (Acts 7:44), "manner" (Acts 23:25), "form" (Romans 6:17 ...
/t/type.htm - 23k
Model (9 Occurrences)
... 8. (vt) To plan or form after a pattern; to form in model; to form a model or pattern
for; to shape; to mold; to fashion; as, to model a house or a government ...
/m/model.htm - 10k
Mode (5 Occurrences)
... Noah Webster's Dictionary 1. (n.) Manner of doing or being; method; form; fashion;
custom; way; style; as, the mode of speaking; the mode of dressing. ...
/m/mode.htm - 8k
Plans (55 Occurrences)
... Kings 6:38 In the eleventh year, in the month Bul, which is the eighth month, was
the house finished throughout all its parts, and according to all its fashion...
/p/plans.htm - 20k
Worship (332 Occurrences)
... Isaiah 19:23 the King James Version has "served," the Revised Version (British and
American) "worship." `atsabh, "carve," "fabricate," "fashion," is once given ...
/w/worship.htm - 66k
Greek1491. eidos -- appearance, fashion, shape, sight. ...
<< 1490b, 1491. eidos. 1491a >>. appearance, fashion
, shape, sight. Part of
seen His .". appearance, fashion
, shape, sight. From ... /greek/1491.htm - 7k
5158. tropos -- a way, manner, fashion
... a way, manner, fashion. Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine Transliteration: tropos
Phonetic Spelling: (trop'-os) Short Definition: way, manner, character Definition ...
/greek/5158.htm - 7k
2452. Ioudaikos -- in Jewish fashion
... in Jewish fashion. Part of Speech: Adverb Transliteration: Ioudaikos Phonetic Spelling:
(ee-oo-dah-ee-koce') Short Definition: in the manner of Jews Definition ...
/greek/2452.htm - 6k
4833. summorphoo -- conform to, fashion self according to.
... << 4832b, 4833. summorphoo. 4834 >>. conform to, fashion self according to. ... Word
Origin variant reading for summorphizo, qv. conform to, fashion self according to ...
/greek/4833.htm - 6k
3345. metaschematizo -- to change in fashion or appearance
... to change in fashion or appearance. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration:
metaschematizo Phonetic Spelling: (met-askh-ay-mat-id'-zo) Short Definition: I change ...
/greek/3345.htm - 7k
1491a. eidon -- appearance, fashion, shape, sight.
... << 1491, 1491a. eidon. 1491b >>. appearance, fashion, shape, sight. Transliteration:
eidon Short Definition: appearance. Word Origin a prim. ...
/greek/1491a.htm - 5k
4976. schema -- figure, shape
... figure, shape. Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter Transliteration: schema Phonetic Spelling:
(skhay'-mah) Short Definition: fashion, habit, form, appearance Definition ...
/greek/4976.htm - 7k
4964. suschematizo -- to conform to
... conform to NASB Word Usage conformed (2). conform to, fashion self according
to. From sun and a derivative of schema; to fashion ...
/greek/4964.htm - 7k
3445. morphoo -- to form
... to form. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: morphoo Phonetic Spelling:
(mor-fo'-o) Short Definition: I form, fashion, shape Definition: I form, fashion, ...
/greek/3445.htm - 6k
3779. houto and houtos -- in this way, thus
... 3779 (an adverb, derived from the demonstrative pronoun, 3778 , "this") --
fashion), (ie corresponding to what follows); ; , . ...
/greek/3779.htm - 7k
Topical Bible VersesMatthew 6:25-34
Therefore I say to you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor yet for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?Topicalbible.org—AKJV
International Standard Bible EncyclopediaFASHION
fash'-un (mishpaT; schema, the make, pattern, shape, manner or appearance of a thing (from Latin faction-em, "a making," through Old French fatson, fachon)): In the Old Testament the noun "fashion" represents 3 Hebrew words:
(1) MishpaT = literally, "judgment," hence, judicial sentence, right, custom, manner; usually translated "judgment" (very frequent), but also a few times "sentence," "cause," "charge," and more frequently "manner" (nearly 40 times in the King James Version). In 3 passages it is translated "fashion," in the sense of style, shape, make, in each case of a building or part of a building (Exodus 26:30 1 Kings 6:38 Ezekiel 42:11).
(2) Tekhunah = literally, "arrangement," "adjustment" (compare takhan, "to set right," "adjust," from kun, hekhin, "to set up," "establish"); Ezekiel 43:11, "the form of the house, and the fashion thereof." A cognate word in the preceding verse is translated "pattern" (the Revised Version, margin "sum").
(3) Demuth = "resemblance" (from damah, "to be similar"), generally translated "likeness" in English Versions of the Bible, but "fashion" in 2 Kings 16:10, where it means pattern or model. The verb "to fashion" stands for
(a) yatsar, "to form," "fashion" (Psalm 33:15; Psalm 139:16 the King James Version; Isaiah 22:11 the King James Version; Isaiah 44:12; Isaiah 45:9);
(b) `asah, "to work," "make," "form" (Job 10:8);
(c) kun, "to set up," "establish," "prepare" (Job 31:15 Psalm 119:73 Ezekiel 16:7);
(d) tsur, "to bind up together," "compress" (Exodus 32:4, of Aaron fashioning the golden calf out of the golden rings).
In the New Testament, the noun represents 5 Greek words:
(1) Of these, the most interesting is schema, "figure," "shape," "fashion" (from schein, aorist of echein, "to have," compare Latin habitus, from habeo, "I have"). Schema denotes a transient, external semblance or fashion, and so it may be distinguished from its synonym morphe, which denotes the essential intrinsic form of a thing, expressing its real nature. (See Lightfoot, Detached Note on Philippians 2; Trench, New Testament Syn., 252; Gifford, Incarnation, 22. The distinction is rejected by Meyer, on Romans 12:2, and by others.) In the New Testament, the noun schema occurs but twice: 1 Corinthians 7:31, "The fashion of this world passeth away," where there seems to be an allusion to theatrical scenes, which are in their very nature transitory (compare 2 Maccabees 4:13); and Philippians 2:8, "being found in fashion as a man," i.e. having the outward figure and bearing of a man, such marks of human nature as strike the senses (contrast morphe Theou, "form of God," Philippians 2:6, and morphe doulou, "form of servant," 2:7, which describe Christ's real inner nature). The word schema is found in compound verbs in the following passages: Romans 12:2, "Be not fashioned (sunschematizesthe) according to this world: but be ye transformed (metamorphousthe) by the renewing of your mind" (so the Revised Version (British and American)), paraphrased by Sanday and Headlam, "Do not adopt the external and fleeting fashion of this world, but be ye transformed in your inmost nature" (Comm. in the place cited.); 2 Corinthians 11:13, metaschematizomai, the King James Version "transformed," better the Revised Version (British and American) "fashioned," the reference being to "the fictitious, illusory transformation whereby evil assumes the mask of good" (Lightfoot, Commentary on Phil, 131); 1 Peter 1:14, "not fashioning yourselves according to your former lusts," paraphrased by Lightfoot, "not falling in with the capricious guidance of the passions" (same place). In Philippians 3:21, the adjective summorphos is translated "fashioned" in the King James Version, but better "conformed" as in Revised Version (British and American).
(2) Eioos, eidos, literally, "thing seen," "external appearance," "shape," is translated "fashion" in Luke 9:29, of the glorified appearance of the transfigured Christ.
(3) prosopon, literally, "face," hence, look, appearance, James 1:11, "The grace of the fashion of it perisheth."
(4) tupos, type, model, translated "fashion" in Acts 7:44 the King James Version (the Revised Version (British and American) "figure"), the Greek word being taken from the Septuagint of the quoted passage, Exodus 25:40. The same phrase, kata ton tupon, in the parallel passage, Hebrews 8:5, is translated "according to the pattern."
(5) In one instance the phrase "on this fashion," "in this manner," represents the Greek adverb houtos, "thus" (Mark 2:12).
D. Miall Edwards
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) The make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of structure; pattern, model; as, the fashion of the ark, of a coat, of a house, of an altar, etc.; workmanship; execution.
2. (n.) The prevailing mode or style, especially of dress; custom or conventional usage in respect of dress, behavior, etiquette, etc.; particularly, the mode or style usual among persons of good breeding; as, to dress, dance, sing, ride, etc., in the fashion.
3. (n.) Polite, fashionable, or genteel life; social position; good breeding; as, men of fashion.
4. (n.) Mode of action; method of conduct; manner; custom; sort; way.
5. (v. t.) To form; to give shape or figure to; to mold.
6. (v. t.) To fit; to adapt; to accommodate; -- with to.
7. (v. t.) To make according to the rule prescribed by custom.
8. (v. t.) To forge or counterfeit.
Strong's Hebrew3335. yatsar -- to form, fashion...
to form, fashion
. Transliteration: yatsar Phonetic Spelling: (yaw-tsar') Short
Definition: formed. ...
, form, frame, maker, potter, purpose. ... /hebrew/3335.htm - 6k
8498. tekunah -- fashion, store
... tekunah. 8499 >>. fashion, store. Transliteration: tekunah Phonetic Spelling:
(tek-oo-naw') Short Definition: fashion. Word Origin see toknith. fashion, store ...
/hebrew/8498.htm - 5k
6696c. tsur -- to fashion, delineate
... tsur. 6697 >>. to fashion, delineate. Transliteration: tsur Short Definition: fashioned. ...
root Definition to fashion, delineate NASB Word Usage fashioned (2). ...
/hebrew/6696c.htm - 5k
6087b. atsab -- to shape, fashion
... atsab. 6088 >>. to shape, fashion. Transliteration: atsab Short Definition: fashioned. ...
root Definition to shape, fashion NASB Word Usage fashioned (1), image (1) ...
/hebrew/6087b.htm - 5k
6699. tsurah -- form, fashion
... << 6698, 6699. tsurah. 6700 >>. form, fashion. Transliteration: tsurah Phonetic
Spelling: (tsoo-raw') Short Definition: design. Word ...
/hebrew/6699.htm - 6k
3559. kun -- to be firm
... 1), determined (1), direct (3), direct your right (1), directed (1), directs (1),
establish (15), established (52), establishes (2), fashion (1), fashioned (1 ...
/hebrew/3559.htm - 7k
1823. demuth -- likeness, similitude
... resembled (1). fashion, likeness, as, manner, similitude. From damah; resemblance;
concretely, model, shape; adverbially, like -- fashion ...
/hebrew/1823.htm - 6k
8246. shaqad -- to be shaped like almonds
... shaped like almond (6). make like unto, after the fashion of almonds. A
denominative from shaqed; to be (intensively, make) almond ...
/hebrew/8246.htm - 6k
6696. tsuwr -- to confine, bind, besiege
... adversary, assault, beset, besiege, bind up, cast, distress, fashion, A
primitive root; to cramp, ie Confine (in many applications ...
/hebrew/6696.htm - 5k
6213. asah -- do, make
... X certainly, have the charge of, commit, deal (with), deck, + displease, do, (ready)
dress(-ed), (put in) execute(-ion), exercise, fashion, + feast, (fight ...
/hebrew/6213.htm - 6k