International Standard Bible EncyclopediaAT ONE
eis eirenen, "at one," ("at peace"): "Set them at one again" (Acts 7:26), the reconciliation of persons at variance. From this adverb we have the words "atone" and "atonement."
JUDAH AT (UPON) THE JORDAN
(yehudhah ha-yarden): A place marking the eastern limit of the territory of Naphtali (Joshua 19:34). It is generally thought among scholars that the text is corrupt; but no very probable emendation has been suggested. Thomson (L B, II, 466) proposes to identify it with Seiyid Jehuda, a small white-domed sanctuary about 3 miles to the Southeast of Tell el-Qady.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Primarily, this word expresses the relations of presence, nearness in place or time, or direction toward; as, at the ninth hour; at the house; to aim at a mark. It is less definite than in or on; at the house may be in or near the house. From this original import are derived all the various uses of at.
2. (prep.) A relation of proximity to, or of presence in or on, something; as, at the door; at your shop; at home; at school; at hand; at sea and on land.
3. (prep.) The relation of some state or condition; as, at war; at peace; at ease; at your service; at fault; at liberty; at risk; at disadvantage.
4. (prep.) The relation of some employment or action; occupied with; as, at engraving; at husbandry; at play; at work; at meat (eating); except at puns.
5. (prep.) The relation of a point or position in a series, or of degree, rate, or value; as, with the thermometer at 80??; goods sold at a cheap price; a country estimated at 10,000 square miles; life is short at the longest.
6. (prep.) The relations of time, age, or order; as, at ten o'clock; at twenty-one; at once; at first.
7. (prep.) The relations of source, occasion, reason, consequence, or effect; as, at the sight; at this news; merry at anything; at this declaration; at his command; to demand, require, receive, deserve, endure at your hands.
8. (prep.) Relation of direction toward an object or end; as, look at it; to point at one; to aim at a mark; to throw, strike, shoot, wink, mock, laugh at any one.
Strong's Hebrew7599. shaan -- to be at ease or at peace, rest securely...
shaan. 7600 >>. to be at
ease or at
peace, rest securely. Transliteration: shaan
Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-an') Short Definition: ease. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/7599.htm - 6k
7600. shaanan -- at ease, secure
... << 7599, 7600. shaanan. 7601 >>. at ease, secure. Transliteration: shaanan
Phonetic Spelling: (shah-an-awn') Short Definition: ease. ...
/hebrew/7600.htm - 6k
3272. y'at, -- counselor
y'at,. << 3271, 3272. y'at,. 3272a >>. counselor. Transliteration: y'at, Phonetic
Spelling: (yeh-at') Short Definition: counsellor. counselor, consult together ...
/hebrew/3272.htm - 5k
328. at -- gentleness
... << 327, 328. at. 329 >>. gentleness. Transliteration: at Phonetic Spelling: (at)
Short Definition: gently. ... << 327, 328. at. 329 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/328.htm - 6k
227. az -- at that time
... << 226, 227. az. 228 >>. at that time. Transliteration: az Phonetic Spelling:
(awz) Short Definition: then. Word Origin of uncertain ...
/hebrew/227.htm - 6k
855b. at -- you (fem. sing.)
... << 855a, 855b. at. 856 >>. you (fem. sing.). Transliteration: at Short Definition:
yourself. Word Origin short. from atti Definition you (fem. ...
/hebrew/855b.htm - 5k
5605. saphaph -- to stand at or guard the threshold
... << 5604, 5605. saphaph. 5606 >>. to stand at or guard the threshold. Transliteration:
saphaph Phonetic Spelling: (saw-faf') Short Definition: threshold. ...
/hebrew/5605.htm - 6k
7961. shalev -- quiet, at ease
... shalev or shalev or shelev. 7962 >>. quiet, at ease. Transliteration: shalev or
shalev or shelev Phonetic Spelling: (shaw-lave') Short Definition: ease. ...
/hebrew/7961.htm - 6k
7954. sheleh -- at ease
... << 7953, 7954. sheleh. 7955 >>. at ease. Transliteration: sheleh Phonetic Spelling:
(shel-aw') Short Definition: ease. Word ... 1). at rest. ...
/hebrew/7954.htm - 6k
4763. meraashoth -- a place at the head, head place
... << 4762, 4763. meraashoth. 4764 >>. a place at the head, head place. Transliteration:
meraashoth Phonetic Spelling: (mer-ah-ash-aw') Short Definition: head. ...
/hebrew/4763.htm - 6k