International Standard Bible EncyclopediaPACE
pas (tsa`adh): A step in 2 Samuel 6:13, hence, about one yard.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A single movement from one foot to the other in walking; a step.
2. (n.) The length of a step in walking or marching, reckoned from the heel of one foot to the heel of the other; -- used as a unit in measuring distances; as, he advanced fifty paces.
3. (n.) Manner of stepping or moving; gait; walk; as, the walk, trot, canter, gallop, and amble are paces of the horse; a swaggering pace; a quick pace.
4. (n.) A slow gait; a footpace.
5. (n.) Specifically, a kind of fast amble; a rack.
6. (n.) Any single movement, step, or procedure.
7. (n.) A broad step or platform; any part of a floor slightly raised above the rest, as around an altar, or at the upper end of a hall.
8. (n.) A device in a loom, to maintain tension on the warp in pacing the web.
9. (v. i.) To go; to walk; specifically, to move with regular or measured steps.
10. (v. i.) To proceed; to pass on.
11. (v. i.) To move quickly by lifting the legs on the same side together, as a horse; to amble with rapidity; to rack.
12. (v. i.) To pass away; to die.
13. (v. t.) To walk over with measured tread; to move slowly over or upon; as, the guard paces his round.
14. (v. t.) To measure by steps or paces; as, to pace a piece of ground.
15. (v. t.) To develop, guide, or control the pace or paces of; to teach the pace; to break in.
Strong's Hebrew6806. tsaad -- a step, pace...
<< 6805, 6806. tsaad. 6807 >>. a step, pace
. Transliteration: tsaad Phonetic
Spelling: (tsah'-ad) Short Definition: steps. ... pace
, step. ... /hebrew/6806.htm - 6k
7272. regel -- foot
... 1), foot (60), footstep* (1), footsteps (1), footstool* (6), four-footed* (1), haunt
(1), heels (1), hoof* (1), journey (1), legs (5), pace (2), relieve* (1 ...
/hebrew/7272.htm - 6k
7392. rakab -- to mount and ride, ride
... NASB Word Usage carried (2), carried him in a chariot (1), chariot (1), drove (1),
harness (1), horseman* (2), lead (1), led (1), mounted (4), pace (1), placed ...
/hebrew/7392.htm - 6k
6805. tsaad -- to step, march
... A primitive root; to pace, ie Step regularly; (upward) to mount; (along) to march;
(down and causatively) to hurl -- bring, go, march (through), run over. ...
/hebrew/6805.htm - 6k