Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) A sudden and single emission of breath from the mouth; hence, any sudden or short blast of wind; a slight gust; a whiff.
2. (n.) Anything light and filled with air.
3. (n.) A puffball.
4. (n.) a kind of light pastry.
5. (n.) A utensil of the toilet for dusting the skin or hair with powder.
6. (n.) An exaggerated or empty expression of praise, especially one in a public journal.
7. (n.) To blow in puffs, or with short and sudden whiffs.
8. (n.) To blow, as an expression of scorn; -- with at.
9. (n.) To breathe quick and hard, or with puffs, as after violent exertion.
10. (n.) To swell with air; to be dilated or inflated.
11. (n.) To breathe in a swelling, inflated, or pompous manner; hence, to assume importance.
12. (v. t.) To drive with a puff, or with puffs.
13. (v. t.) To repel with words; to blow at contemptuously.
14. (v. t.) To cause to swell or dilate; to inflate; to ruffle with puffs; -- often with up; as, a bladder puffed with air.
15. (v. t.) To inflate with pride, flattery, self-esteem, or the like; -- often with up.
16. (v. t.) To praise with exaggeration; to flatter; to call public attention to by praises; to praise unduly.
17. (a.) Puffed up; vain.
Strong's Hebrew3306. yaphach -- to breathe, puff...
<< 3305, 3306. yaphach. 3307 >>. to breathe, puff
. Transliteration: yaphach Phonetic
Spelling: (yaw-fakh') Short Definition: breath. Word Origin a prim. ... /hebrew/3306.htm - 5k
6315. puach -- to breathe, blow
... blow upon, break, puff, bring into a snare, speak, utter. A primitive root;
to puff, ie Blow with the breath or air; hence, to fan ...
/hebrew/6315.htm - 6k
5397. neshamah -- breath
... blast, that breaths, inspiration, soul, spirit. From nasham; a puff, ie
Wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect. ...
/hebrew/5397.htm - 6k
5301. naphach -- to breathe, blow
... A primitive root; to puff, in various applications (literally, to inflate, blow
hard, scatter, kindle, expire; figuratively, to disesteem) -- blow, breath ...
/hebrew/5301.htm - 6k
6284. paah -- to cleave in pieces
... scatter into corners. A primitive root; to puff, ie Blow away -- scatter into
corners. << 6283, 6284. paah. 6285 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/6284.htm - 5k