Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
) Originally, a covered porch with seats, at a house door; the Dutch step as introduced by the Dutch into New York. Afterward, an out-of-door flight of stairs of from seven to fourteen steps, with platform and parapets, leading to an entrance door some distance above the street; the French perron. Hence, any porch, platform, entrance stairway, or small veranda, at a house door.
2. (n.) A vessel of liquor; a flagon.
3. (n.) A post fixed in the earth.
4. (v. i.) To bend the upper part of the body downward and forward; to bend or lean forward; to incline forward in standing or walking; to assume habitually a bent position.
5. (v. i.) To yield; to submit; to bend, as by compulsion; to assume a position of humility or subjection.
6. (v. i.) To descend from rank or dignity; to condescend.
7. (v. i.) To come down as a hawk does on its prey; to pounce; to souse; to swoop.
8. (v. i.) To sink when on the wing; to alight.
9. (v. t.) To bend forward and downward; to bow down; as, to stoop the body.
10. (v. t.) To cause to incline downward; to slant; as, to stoop a cask of liquor.
11. (v. t.) To cause to submit; to prostrate.
12. (v. t.) To degrade.
13. (n.) The act of stooping, or bending the body forward; inclination forward; also, an habitual bend of the back and shoulders.
14. (n.) Descent, as from dignity or superiority; condescension; an act or position of humiliation.
15. (n.) The fall of a bird on its prey; a swoop.
Strong's Hebrew7164. qaras -- to bend down, stoop, crouch...
<< 7163b, 7164. qaras. 7165 >>. to bend down, stoop
, crouch. Transliteration: qaras
Phonetic Spelling: (kaw-ras') Short Definition: over. Word Origin a prim. ... stoop ... /hebrew/7164.htm - 6k
6808. tsaah -- to stoop, bend, incline
... << 6807b, 6808. tsaah. 6809 >>. to stoop, bend, incline. Transliteration: tsaah
Phonetic Spelling: (tsaw-aw') Short Definition: exile. Word Origin a prim. ...
/hebrew/6808.htm - 6k
6915. qadad -- to bow down
... bow down the head, stoop. A primitive root; to shrivel up, ie Contract or bend the
body (or neck) in deference -- bow (down) (the) head, stoop. << 6914, 6915. ...
/hebrew/6915.htm - 6k
3486. yashesh -- aged, decrepit
... stoop for age. From an unused root meaning to blanch; gray-haired, ie An aged man --
stoop for age. << 3485, 3486. yashesh. 3487 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/3486.htm - 5k
7817. shachach -- to bow, be bowed down, crouch
... bend, bow down, bring cast down, humble self, be bring low, stoop. A primitive
root; to sink or depress (reflexive or causative) -- bend ...
/hebrew/7817.htm - 6k
3766. kara -- to bow down
... knee; by implication, to sink, to prostrate -- bow (down, self), bring down (low),
cast down, couch, fall, feeble, kneeling, sink, smite (stoop) down, subdue ...
/hebrew/3766.htm - 6k
3720. kaphan -- hunger, famine
... famine. From kaphan; hunger (as making to stoop with emptiness and pain) -- famine.
see HEBREW kaphan. << 3719, 3720. kaphan. 3721 >>. Strong's Numbers.
/hebrew/3720.htm - 6k
2603. chanan -- to show favor, be gracious
... A primitive root (compare chanah); properly, to bend or stoop in kindness to an
inferior; to favor, bestow; causatively to implore (ie Move to favor by petition ...
/hebrew/2603.htm - 6k
7812. shachah -- to bow down
... reflexive, in homage to royalty or God) -- bow (self) down, crouch, fall down (flat),
humbly beseech, do (make) obeisance, do reverence, make to stoop, worship ...
/hebrew/7812.htm - 6k
5791. avath -- to be bent or crooked
... root Definition to be bent or crooked NASB Word Usage bent (1), cheat (1), crooked
(1), defraud (1), pervert (3), stoop (1), subvert (1), thwarts (1), wronged ...
/hebrew/5791.htm - 6k